A Methadone doctor is someone who is an expert in treating patients suffering from substance abuse disorders. They may have many roles but one of their main ones is treating opioid addiction. About 2.9 million people aged 26 years and older abuse opioids. This shows the large number of people who are at risk of becoming addicts. One of the best ways of treating opioid addiction is through a Methadone treatment program at NC Wellness Center – Reidsville.
What Are the Roles of Methadone Doctors?
The main role of a Methadone doctor is to help patients suffering from an opioid addiction recover. They administer different doses of Methadone to the patient to help manage their withdrawal symptoms and alleviate the cravings. These doctors also monitor the patients’ status throughout the process to determine which is the best dosage. Additionally, they decide when and how often the patient can get Methadone.
Methadone doctors also have the added responsibility of ensuring that their patients don’t get addicted to the medication. The doctor decides when the patient is no longer in need of Methadone. Methadone doctors also perform a regular examination and drug screening. This helps them determine the patient’s eligibility for Methadone treatment.
Methadone doctors help their patients come up with short-term and long-term goals during the recovery process. This goes a long way in assisting the patient remain focused and make specific changes towards improving their well-being.
What are the Advantages of Consulting a Methadone Doctor?
There are many benefits of talking to a Methadone doctor. If you or anyone you care about is suffering from opioid addiction, here are some of the advantages you’ll get by consulting a Methadone doctor:
- Access to more information regarding how to proceed with the treatment process
- Better treatment services if you decide to work with the doctor
- Doctors have a great deal of experience on how to treat various types of addictions
- Guidance when deciding the best addiction treatment program for you or your loved one
Addiction is a lifelong condition but it is treatable with the proper care and medication.
How to Know if You Are Suffering from Opioid Addiction
Opioids are some of the most commonly available drugs in the United States. Prescribed pain medications are very addictive. One of the main ways of knowing whether or not you’re an addict is checking the number of pain pills you take. If you find that you take the pills even in the absence of pain, you may have an opioid addiction. Visiting the doctor and asking for prescription opioids also indicates that one might be an addict.
Opioid Treatment Programs at Alef Behavioral
Here are some of the programs approved by a Methadone doctor in Reidsville, NC:
- Methadone treatment program: Aims at helping patients break away from opiate dependence. This program is efficiently guided by our Methadone doctor in Reidsville, NC
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Some patients may present with both an addiction and a mental health disorder. This treatment plan comprehensively caters for all their needs by enrolling them in programs that address both conditions simultaneously
- Suboxone treatment program: This new and improved way of treating opioid addiction is very effective. The use of Suboxone has shown very promising results and many patients are making great progress
- Buprenorphine treatment program: Helps treat patients during the recovery process. Overseeing this program is a group of the best doctors who administer and prescribe Buprenorphine
Visit NC Wellness Center – Reidsville Today
Addiction can be very hard to detect especially if you or your loved one is suffering from another condition. Don’t let fear or anything stop you from knowing whether or not you need help. Make a call to us via 833.916.0562 and let us help you find a methadone doctor today.